Boiler Services – money well spent
A boiler service, like car services are sometimes a tempting expenditure to avoid. When there is no obvious fault, it feels like spending money unnecessarily.
Unfortunately, in the majority of cases, this is a false economy.
With a regular maintenance check by a qualified engineer, not only will it give you peace of mind, but it can improve the boiler’s overall performance too. Improved performance means improved efficiency and that means money saved in fuel costs. In addition, it is worth remembering that the warranty on your boiler may only be valid if you have a proven record of annual services.
Furthermore, an annual boiler service may pick up on underlying problems which mean they can be addressed at a convenient time. There is nothing worse than a boiler failing you when you need it most!
A service should be done by a Gas Safe engineer. Typically, the engineer should:
- check over the boiler and flame, if possible
- assess the flue (externally and internally)
- look at the operating pressure and/or heat input
- ensure the safety devices are all working
- see that the case seals form an effective seal
- review the boiler casing looking at the main components (burner, heat exchanger, main injector, spark/sensor probe)
- ensure the boiler fires safely, to identify any working faults
- look at the boiler parts, cleaning where necessary
PBT Installations offers a standard boiler service for £65+VAT. Book yours online, or call 01242 323923