+ heat pumps
- Heat pumps provide a cost-effective alternative to oil, LPG, gas or electrical heating systems. They can be installed in almost any type of property.
- Heat pumps may be Air-Source or Ground Source. We can recommend which is right for you and your property.
- Heat pumps are classified as renewable because they generate up to four times more heat than the electrical energy they consume.
- Having been used in Europe for many years, heat pumps are a tried and tested technology.
- The heat pump technology ensures that heat is transferred into the heating and water system of the building.
- Heat pumps work well with underfloor heating.
- Funding towards heat pump installation may be available through the Green Homes Grant, or a quarterly payment given to you for 7 years through the Renewable Heat Incentive.
- In order to receive your Green Homes Grant, installation must be carried out by a TrustMark registered Installer with MCS Certification. PBT Installations fit this requirement.
+ Solar PV
- Solar PV is a system that generates electricity through the power of sunshine.
- A large proportion of your daylight electricity consumption can be provided by PV panels.
- Any unused solar electricity can be exported back to The Grid for which you will receive payment.
- Driven by advances in technology and increases in manufacturing scale, the cost of PV is continuously declining.
- Given our expertise, we can advise you on the best Solar PV solution for your property.
+ rainwater harvesting
- Saving rainwater to reuse elsewhere, known as rainwater harvesting is becoming a popular, ‘natural’ form of renewable energy.
- Usually collected in water butts and containers to reuse in the garden, rainwater harvesting has other uses if collected and stored correctly.
- With minimal treatment, rainwater can be used not only for garden watering, but washing machines and toilet flushing.
- This could save you a large proportion of your household water use.